Can you help with Bikemore, a family-friendly bike festival on May 14th from 10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.?
We’ll have several activities that require a bit of expertise, such as helmet fittings, basic bike inspections, an exhibit of different types of bikes, and BMX and unicycle demonstrations.
We’ll also have many volunteer positions that require only responsible, gentle adults who enjoy being with kids and families. Might you be willing to supervise or help with one of these activities for at least 1.5 hours?
- Setting up from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. or cleaning up from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Staffing registration or information tables
- Guiding car traffic into the parking lot off Miller St.
- Monitoring or assisting with games/activities
- Supervising bike riding along the Melrose St. (which will be closed to traffic from Hawthorne Rd. to Sherwood Dr.)
- Decorating bikes and helmets with kids
- Rotating through the park to check in with vendors and volunteers
For more volunteer information and to sign up, click here.
For more information about the Bikemore event, click here.