Local Resources

These organizations and representatives serve Ardmore residents and businesses.

A set of criteria apply to be considered. Please contact the ANA if your organization impacts Ardmore and is interested.


Winston-Salem Neighborhood Alliance

Neighborhood representatives from all over Winston-Salem form the Winston-Salem Neighborhood Alliance (WSNA). Members work together to preserve and protect the quality of life and cohesiveness of each member neighborhood by sharing concerns, experiences, and knowledge, and by advocating for member neighborhoods and for regulations and policies that will improve life in Winston-Salem.

During COVID, WSNA has been meeting by ZOOM the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. To join a meeting, contact WSNA a day or two before each scheduled meeting.

Website: www.wsneighborhoodalliance.org
Email: info@wsneighborhoodalliance.org


Coalition for Equity in Public Education

This Community Coalition works to ensure that all public school students in WSFCS are guaranteed an excellent and equitable public education. The long term goal is to reconcile the inequity of resources and especially the disparity of outcomes correlated with ethnicity among the many schools within the WSFC School System.

Food Banks

The following two locations serve Ardmore. To contribute or refer, please contact them by phone. For food pantries outside of Ardmore visit secondharvestnwnc.org.

Ardmore United Methodist Church

First and third Thursday of each month, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.

(336) 723-3695
630 S Hawthorne Rd
Winston-Salem, NC 27103

Christ Church, Anglican Mission

Once a month on the third Saturday, from 9 to 11 a.m.

(336) 978-7382
2252 Queen St
Winston-Salem, NC 27103


City with Dwellings is a local organization “caring for and being in relationship with our neighbors experiencing homelessness.”

(336) 790-9766
520 N. Spring Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101

Local Government

City Link 311

This free app will help you with all city services, including paying bills, alerts, submitting concerns, and social media. Also available by phone (336-727-8000) or email (citylink@cityofws.org).

Trash Collection

Winston Salem Collects is a free mobile app that sends reminders for all curbside collections. It has a “waste wizard” look-up that tells you how to properly dispose of items, be it in the garbage, through curbside recycling, or at a drop-off site. You can also use it to report missed collections and get notice of changes in the collection schedule.

The online version is available at CityofWS.org/Sanitation and CityofWs.org/Recycling. It offers all the features available through the app plus the ability to print personalized collection calendars that include holiday collection changes.

More information on hazardous waste disposal is available here.

Local Representatives

Jennifer Chrysson

Community Assistance Liaison
Southwest Ward

Kevin Mundy

Kevin Mundy

City Council Member
336-771-5173 (office)
743-207-0420 (mobile)


If you are concerned about a senior citizen who might need help, notify DSS Adult Protective Services. There is also a Senior Services Help Line.

Medical House Calls

Wake Forest Medical Center has a program that might help you or an elderly neighbor with medical house calls. Medical providers come to the home of an older adult who has physical or cognitive limitations that would make leaving the house challenging, or that require one-person assistance.

Call (336) 713-4663 for more information, and to confirm eligibility.

Free Legal Assistance

Call the Senior Help Line at 877-579-7562 Mondy-Friday, 9am to 3 p.m. or visit legalaidnc.org to learn more. This is available for people who qualify financially.

Forsyth Cares

Forsyth Cares is a new, free service that helps first responders know the right steps to take if they’re responding to a call that involves you or someone you love. Cognitive conditions, visual or hearing impairment, health conditions, medications, and emergency contacts are just some of the vital information you can provide that will help EMS, law enforcement, and fire personnel respond to your situation.

Visit forsyth.cc to learn more.

Tenants’ Resources

Many Ardmore residents rent homes and apartments and have questions about their rights as tenants. Also, some Ardmore residents are landlords, generally of just a few properties.

Click here to learn about a new (Sept. 2023) on-line system through City of W-S to get free help from city housing inspectors.

These resources from Legal Aid of NC may help answer your landlord-tenant questions:

Legal Aid of North Carolina (Winston-Salem office)
102 W 3rd St #460
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
(866) 219-5262

Low Cost Legal Consultations

The Lawyer Referral Service is a public service offered by the North Carolina Bar Association to provide low cost legal consultations. Call 919-677 8574 or visit ncbar.org to learn more.